At Fine & Country Jersey we regard your privacy as important.
Fine & Country Jersey may collect information about you via our website and directly or indirectly by email, phone or other means.
The information we collect about you, if you agree to provide it, will allow us to contact you and send information to you about services where you may have an interest.
- In providing us your information you thereby consent to us processing it for this purpose.
- We will not pass your information on to any third party without your express permission, except as defined herein for the provision of services that you have requested, other than authorities and the police in the event of any investigation.
For the purposes of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL);
- The data controller is Fine & Country Jersey
- Fine & Country Jersey may use third-party processors to deliver specific services that are requested by you from Fine & Country Jersey (see Processors below).
Information that we may collect from/about you
We may collect and/or process the following data about you:
- Information you provide to us – by filling in forms on our website or by entering into a contract with us, or by correspondence with us by email, letter, phone or other methods, which includes data provided by you by registering to use our website, or by subscribing for newsletters or other information services, or by joining our web forum, or by placing a request for services, and when reporting a problem with our site, or otherwise contacting us.
- Personal data – the information you give us may include; your name, address, email address, IP address, phone number, together with financial and credit card information. All of which is Personal data and subject to the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL).
- Case Information – in order to provide our services we may collect information from you about your case, which may include information about other parties you name or otherwise identify in relation to your case. All such information is subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions, published at the foot of our website pages, and/or our terms of engagement signed between us and you.
- Data protection – all Personal data and other data we hold is protected by us in accordance with the Principles of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL).
- Please be aware that we share applicant information between the following three companies: Thompson Estates, Thompson Lettings and Fine & Country Jersey.
- Data security – We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your data. All the data collected by us is stored on a secure platform in a secure hosting facility and we take all reasonable steps to ensure any access is pre-authorised and recorded.
Other information we collect about you – In accordance with our legal obligation to prevent fraudulent or abusive use of our website, some data may be automatically collected and comprises the following:
- Technical information – such as your; internet protocol (IP) address, login information, time zone, browser type/version with plug-in types/versions, device information (operating system and platform);
- Information about your visit – such as your Uniform Resource Locators (URL), including the date and time, services viewed/searched, site statistics, interaction (scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs), exit methods away from pages, phone numbers (if used to call our customer service number), route to/from our site or from search engine links to our site including search engine address and search term used.
- Our website will not store any identifying information of your visit on your computer apart from a small text file called a cookie, which in itself does not contain any identifying information and does not mean that you entered the site. See the cookies policy link at the end of this document for more detail on cookies.
- Depending on the configuration of your browser, pages and images you view on our site may be stored on your computer. This feature, (which you can configure), is called caching.
- All information you exchange with the Fine & Country Jersey website is accessible by its administrators and will only be used to prevent abuse, fraud and threats to members’ confidentiality or safety. This information will only be accessed with respect to specific reports of such activity.
- Information we receive from other sources – information about you may be received by us if you use another website or service that are connected with in our normal course of business.
- Third-parties may also provide information to us about you, specifically from any of the following; our business partners and/or sub-contractors or credit reference agencies for payment and delivery services, or advertising and marketing services, or our technical and analytics providers, or our search engine and search information providers.
How your information is used
The information we hold about you is used as follows:
- Information that you provide to us – this information is used to meet our obligations within any contracts between you and us, and/or our legal obligations, and/or;
- to meet your requests for information and services, or
- to notify you of changes to our services, or make suggestions/recommendations that may interest you, or
- to improve content of our site and ensure it is presented effectively for you and your device, or
- deal with investigations by the police or other regulatory bodies.
- Information that we collect about you – we use this information:
- to manage our website as well as for our efficient operations, which includes analysis, research, statistical and survey uses, together with testing and troubleshooting;
- to improve our website and content for users and their devices;
- to allow you to interact with our website and take advantage of our online services, whenever you may elect to do so;
- to ensure our site is safe and secure by monitoring activities within the context of continual process improvement, which is a best practice requirement of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL);
- to monitor advertising and marketing effectiveness for users, and/or to fine-tune advertising by relevance to users;
- to enable targeted suggestions/recommendations to users about services that may be of interest.
- Information we receive from other sources – we may use third-party information, which may be combined with information you provided to us and/or information collected by us, which may be used for the purposes we have defined above.
Know your rights
Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL) all individuals, who are the owners of their Personal data, have specific and clear rights, which are;
|Right to Erasure||Every individual has the right to be forgotten upon request. The data controller must remove your Personal data from its systems and request the same of any third-party systems of that controller.|
|Right to Access||Every individual has the right to access their Personal data held about them upon request.|
|Right to Portability||Every individual has the right to request their Personal data and use it for other parties they wish to engage with.|
|Right to be Informed||Every individual has the right to be informed about how their Personal data is being used, which may be provided upon request of the individual, or before the controller changes any use of that data, giving the individual the right to consent or object.|
|Right to Objection||Every individual has the right to object to the use of their Personal data for any purpose proposed by a controller.|
|Right to Rectification||Every individual has the right to have errors in their Personal data to be corrected.|
|Right to Restrict||Every individual has the right to restrict the uses of their Personal data for any specific type of processing.|
|Rights on automated decisions & profiling||Every individual has the right to restrict or object to automated decision-making processes or profiling based on their Personal data.|
- Revoke your consent – in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL), to revoke consent for processing of your Personal data send an email with the word “Revoke” in the subject field to the email addresses at the end of this document.
- Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) – in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL),
- you may request us to send you details about any Personal data that we may hold about you, or
- you may request that we correct any errors, or
- you may request us to delete any/all Personal data about you.
- DSAR Fee – In accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL), any DSAR is provided free of charge within 30 days, unless a particular DSAR is subject to other regulatory requirements as defined within the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL), in which case we will inform you as required by those specific regulations.
Do we pass your information on to third-parties?
We may pass your data to other parties as follows:
- Where relevant, we may pass your data to our employees, suppliers and agents to administer the services provided to you by us or them, now or in the future.
- We may disclose your data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use and (where appropriate) by you or otherwise where required by law.
We use third-parties to process data and deliver services for the purposes shown. All of these processors may have access to some of your Personal data as appropriate for the delivery of the purpose specified.
All of our third-party processors are subject to our Controller-Processor terms, which limit their legal right to access Personal data unless under supervision by our personnel or by other specific written consent from us.
|Vebra Alto||Data cloud|
Links to other sites
Please be aware that the Fine & Country Jersey site and/or published materials may link to other web sites that may be accessed by you through our site or materials.
We are not responsible for their data policies, content or security of these linked web sites. We do not have any control over the use to which third parties may put your data where you choose to purchase products or services or otherwise to contact them via our site or materials.
Transfer outside the EU/EEA
This site is accessible via the internet and therefore may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other visitors may also access the site from outside Jersey and/or the European Economic Area.
- This means that, where you post your data on the site, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of Jersey and/or the European Economic Area may be deemed to have occurred.
- Data protection laws in countries outside of Jersey and/or the European Economic Area are generally not as protective.
Thompson Group Employees
All Fine & Country Jersey personnel are subject to strict terms of confidentiality regarding the data and operations of Fine & Country Jersey.
- E&OE: If you notice any errors (spelling, grammar or other) in this policy document please feel free to notify us via our contact details below.
For any Data Protection disputes, please contact the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner:
Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner
5 Castle Street
Telephone: +44 (0) 1534 716530
For any other questions relating to your Personal data, or to submit a DSAR, please contact us:
Fine & Country Jersey
7 King Street,
Jersey, JE2 4WF
Telephone: +44 (0) 1534 707902